As most of you know, my passion (and holy discontent!) is for single moms. I'll never know exactly why D and I are walking this path...but I know the PURPOSE of it. And that's enough for me. I've been praying for God to lead me in the direction that He wants me to go. It's my dream to be leading a single moms' ministry full-time...so I can use my "ugh" and turn it into good for the glory of HIS Name! Someone wise recently told me that God's dreams are even bigger. ROCK ON!
Two special things have been unveiled this week. First, the launch of a new organization for the Dallas area, called Parenting Alone. I can't wait to go visit them in person and observe what they have to offer and how they are ministering to the solo parents! Second, I've been asked to be on my church's leadership committee for next year's first ever Single Moms' Conference. It will be an INCREDIBLE event, hosted by Prestonwood and open to our entire community! (Background - last June I was sent, on behalf of Pwood, to the Single Moms' Conference that is held in Oklahoma every year. Facilitated by Arise Ministries, I was absolutely blown away by the love, support and outreach to the single mom community. You WANT to go to their site. I cannot begin to describe how amazing Shelley Pulliam and Pam Kanaly are...I adore those two women, with hearts bigger than Texas...er Oklahoma :) And the moment I went through the door to the event, I instantly knew we HAD to bring it here to Dallas! I've been fervently praying that God would pave the way...and He did! He had to teach me MONTHS of patience...and I know He's grinning down at me about that, as I type.) Back to present - it's in the infancy stage and I am thrilled to see what is in store. Stay tuned for many more updates in this regard!
With that said, D and I have had a rough couple of days. He's been abnormally fussy at night and fighting a eerily croupy cough. Thankfully, this Momma has been able to head it off. But, I've been beyond tired at night after this week's work schedule insanity. After I tucked D in, I had a mini-meltdown night before last. But then, yesterday I attended Power Lunch at Pwood. Sheila Walsh was the guest speaker. And in the span of her half hour chat, I was reminded who is in control. God Alone! And He walks every path right along side of me (and you!). And He opens and closes doors...we just have to be willing to be on the lookout for them. And place our confidence and our faith and all of our cares in His Most Capable Hands. So, yesterday evening wasn't any different than the evening before...but my attitude was. And it's funny - no tears on this Momma's behalf. Just a "I can do this b/c I'm His and I'm NOT alone" perspective. Oh the difference! :)
D woke up this morning with a slightly better cough and a big ole grin on his face. And made my heart melt: "Momma, I love you sooooooo much!" (with his arms open wide - just like I do to him!)
PullUp dry - check.
Pottied himself - check.
Washed his hands - check.
Then flushed the toilet - check.
Ran in w/pj's around his ankles, bare bum and PullUp in hand for me to FEEL - check.
Ran off w/pj's around his ankles, bare bum, to pick out his undies by himself - check.
Dry PullUp on Momma's floor for her to be so proud of - check.
It truly is the JOURNEY, not the DESTINATION where we live. For those of you who know Jack Graham's thoughts...it's all about what we do with the dash (b/t the two dates on our tombstones). And I want Christ to be glorified in my dash. :) And in the dash, I will find joy in the happy, the sad, the fatigue, the rest, the bumps along the way, and the growth that stretches my faith. Let's call it Doing the Dash!
Who couldn't possibly say that I'm doing anything other than Living the Dream right at this very moment? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Loved the pull-up story!
ReplyDelete