
Hi sweet peeps! Wow, it's been AWHILE. I've determined that I should not EVER say "I'll promise to start blogging like a good momma should" :) But, here's to catching back up again!
We've had so much going on over the past few months, that one of my fave outlets (aka this blog) has taken a loooong ride in the backseat.
Before D turned 4 last spring...we rescued the WORLD's SWEETEST dog...D named him Dash (after his fave character from the Incredibles). Calling this precious furball Dash is just like calling a big dog Tiny, but the name stuck immediately. I just looked over at him (while I'm typing)...and had to grin. Dash is the best. He's added SO much joy to our lives, I don't have the words to describe. D still asks me from time to time, "Momma, we get to keep Dash forever, right?" RIGHT. He's our forever pal. (And kudos to our sweet friends from the DFW Cocker Rescue for finding us the PERFECT, child-adoring canine!) And, if you ask D, he'll still tell you that Dash was his early birthday present...indeed.
From D having hernia surgery this summer to me having my gall bladder removed last month, it's been quite a wild ride! The one constant in all circumstances - God is FAITHFUL! Always has been, always IS and always will be.
And, what a great testament to that faithfulness...D and I have been blessed by so many precious people. I wouldn't trade any of our experiences for the world...well, we could do w/o the aches and pains! ;)
First and foremost - the Ops. They are INCREDIBLE...here at a moment's notice when this Momma needed some serious helping hands. Bless THEM! And, the extra, unexpected time with them is so precious...just like Mary Poppins sings of, they are our spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go do-own, medicine go do-own, medicine go down! :) Then, D's favorite buddy Mr Jer (my guy!). That man is a SAINT. And D's precious, precious, precious PreK-4 teacher, Angie King. Her heart is made of gold...and the love just oozes out of her pores. I want to be in PreK-4 myself! :) And through all our ups and downs, Dash has been our patient and constant source of joy and affection. He loves to be RIGHT beside one of us, usually with a paw on top of ours, at minimum. Sweetest dog EVER, I'm telling you.
So, from my Ds to your own peas, remember to give God the glory in all circumstances. He won't give us more than we can handle (but, like some silly saying PopPop forwarded to me recently - "I just wish He didn't trust me so much" - ha!). Whatever it is that you may be going through, He is Able...and in Him, YOU are able. And remember what is most important in this world - our relationships and Christ's love. I am thankful beyond measure that "my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Phil 4:19). And He is so faithful...to do just that.




No comments:
Post a Comment