We had such a blessed Christmas and New Year...it was incredible. And, truth be told, we are still having a hard time getting readjusted to the real world (work and school) again. Every morning D says "Momma, do we get to stay home today?". Oh how I wish I could pick him up, swing him around and say "Yes! Yes! Yes!" :)
Let's catch up...
The day after we got back from Thanksgiving, D and I went on a secret photo shoot with the most precious new found friend, Amanda Cutler. She is a dear friend of one of my best friends, and just launched her own photography biz. If you live in the Dallas area (or are coming to visit)...you WANT to have a session with her! Her site is precious: Pumpkin Pie Photography. The sweetest little boy is on there, too :) Anyway, we did our first shoot with her, undercover...to surprise MopMop & PopPop with fun Christmas gifts: mouse pads, framed photos, a brag book and gallery-wrapped canvas. Our operation was a complete success! Some of the fun:
Christmas was amazing. The Ops came into town, with a sleighful bigger than Santa's. And we enjoyed 9 days together...including a fam photo shoot at the Gaylord Texan (it was toooo cold and rainy to do it at the Allen park that Amanda, our photographer, had selected). Here are a couple of my fave pics!
On Chrismas Eve, we took D to his first Candlelight Service at Prestonwood. D ran to the Children's sermon at the front...and was sitting on the top stair of the stage...happy as can be...until he freaked out. All of a sudden, he was bawling and reaching out his arms for me. Between D and I were a few pews and a small city of children :) I finally made my way to the front pew where a simply sweet, understanding mother scooted over so I could sit where he could find me. My child bottom-scooted through all the kids down each step until he could scramble his way to me. Looking back now, hysterical. At the time, I was equal parts mortified and compassionate.
And the music. The music was beyond incredible. Some of the songs were new, with compelling messages of Christmas sung so beautifully that it took my breath away. And at the end, D joined us (until he needed help) in lighting our candles. I ALWAYS get teared up as the entire congregation together lifts the candlelight high, to honor the birth of our Savior. It was simply perfect.
On New Year's Eve, we had a small gathering at my house, with some of my fave peeps...and let D celebrate the New Year many minutes early. He was so happy to be dancing (and dancing he really was!) that he had an accident (think tinkle tinkle little star), the first one in weeks. It just made his Momma laugh while clean-up was in progress.
The days off were simply wonderful. Total and complete bliss...and much needed! I had so many special moments with my precious sweet pea, the Ops and my dear dear friends...I can only sum it up as God's bountiful blessings galore.
So, my wish for you in 2009 (and I am quoting this from a sweet friend of mine, Heather Huber - it is too good AND too funny not to share!):
"May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address!
In simple words . . may 2009 be the best year of your life!!!"




I love the update and all the new pics, Your family is precious! Love you, Mel
ReplyDelete